PC to Tivo- Program not found

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Abneo, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Abneo

Abneo New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Des Moines,...

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to transfer a program from my PC to my TiVo. I see the PC icon listed in Now playing. I also see the program I am looking for. However when I click on "watch it on this tv" I get the message that the transfer did not happen. When I check the recording history it says it was not transfered because the program was not found on the PC. I have the program in the "My Tivo Recordings" folder and it shows in the now playing but I keep getting that message.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thank you

Abneo

2. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Its very common for this to be caused by the audio format. Check it, and try another audio format.

3. buzz93

buzz93 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Miami
    I get this too on every view file I try to send over. If I manually convert the video first using VLC how galleon shows you on their website tutorial, it transfers fine. I thought it was supposed to "convert on the fly" ?

4. Killer69

Killer69 Free Your Inner TiVo

Jun 16, 2004
    Saint Paul, MN
    I receive the same "file not found" error for files over about 3 gigs. Small files with the same audio options transfer and play just fine.

5. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...

Advertisements

Nope...Tivo.com lists very specific formats that it supports. You have to convert video files to one of these compliant types before you can transfer from PC to Tivo and play them.
    There are programs that make the conversion process very easy however.

6. buzz93

buzz93 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Miami
    I thought that was the point of the 'Convert Video' option in Galleon / GoBack .. To convert the video to a supported format on the fly.