PC to Tivo not working after some network issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cuttlefish, Oct 8, 2007.

1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Hi guys,

I have been transferring videos from my PC to my Tivo for over a year and never had any problems. However, last nite while transferring a .mpg file over to tivo, my network connection on the tivo died. I tracked the problem to the router and restarted. Tivo is now back online however when I try to transfer any video over it automatically gets added to the "todo" list with the message saying it will resume once current transfer is complete. However I don't have any current transfer and I have deleted any reminisces of the interrupted files. I have also rebooted the box twice and still have the same issue. Seems like some internal flag is set and I can't clear it. Please help!!!

Thanks
    David
    Tivo Series 2

2. buffalova

buffalova New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    When you press "2" from the main menu that shows what will be recorded, are your transfers showing up there? If so delete them from that and reboot the tivo again. I like to reboot the tivo and computer at the same time. If it still doesn't work I would try uninstalling tivo desktop or just reinstalling tivo desktop. I have had this happen but once I delete from the to be recorded list it worked with no trouble. You should look into pytivo on this forum. It does the same thing but without having to make an mpeg2 file first. It converts most all types of files. Good luck

3. rage777

rage777 Member

Aug 19, 2006
    It might be that your cache is still saying that the file is suppose to be transfered. Go to c:/documents and settings/{username}/local settings/application data/tivo/cache (I think that's right, somebody correct me if I am wrong), and delete the files in there. I think you might need to stop the server first, delete the files, then restart the server.