PC > TiVo transfers show incorrect duration

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Grimm1, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    I've been having pretty good luck so far converting video that I've d/l from the internet and transfering it to the TiVo to watch on the TV. I've run into a problem with the last two shows that I have done this with. One shows is 90 minutes and the other 120 minutes. Orginally in divx format I used the "Videora TiVo Converter" on them like I have used to prep sevral other videos for use on TiVo. Both ran thru the converter without a problem. But when I transfer them to the TiVo and start to play them the TiVo timeline shows each of them to only be 1:06 in length or 66 minutes. The whole video is there though....when it hits the end of the timeline it still continues to play. Problem is at that point if I do anything other then let it play it resets to the begining of the video. I can't skip back FF or FR after that point without TiVo kicking it back to the begining of the video.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix? I have a feeling it might have something to do with them being divx or the version codec I am using...but not sure were to start.

BTW...when I play them in WMP it shows the correct duration of the video. Also if I look at the show info for that video on the TiVo it also lists the correct duration...it is only when I play them that something gets messed up.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That's strange. There must be something wrong in the header of the files. A program like DVDPatcher...

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDPatcher

will read the header of the files and allow you to change things that may be thorwing the TiVo off.

Dan

3. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Grimm:

I have had your problem many times. It basically comes from a combination using FFMPEG and certain parameters (bitrate, fps...) All Videora is is a pretty face over FFMPEG, which does all the real work.

Change your parameters; I can't give you exact ones because I never found a pattern. When I hit the problem its trial and error.