PC Microphone

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by holowac, Jan 22, 2006.

1. holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...
    As a relative newby, this is my first thread. I have a few microphones and/or headsets supposedly made to be used with a PC. Although the earphones work well, none of the microphones seem to put out enough juice even when the recording volume is maxed out. Dell support says the mic should be 600 ohms, so I bought a Sony F-V220 (600 ohms) that doesn't work at all. Perhaps the unit is defective, but it's going back to buy.com. I don't really need a headset combo, I have plenty of earphones and a stand alone mic will work fine for my purposes. Anybody have a suggestion on an under $50 mic that will have some punch. Thanks :eek:

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I have no idea on your question but since it is a PC question you will get a better response if you ask a Mod to move it to Happy-Hour forum.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Make sure the mic is plugged into the microphone input on your sound card and not the line input.

4. shanew1289

shanew1289 New Member

May 6, 2004
    edwardsville...
    Mic input usually has a check box for +20 db boost as well. Its hidden sometimes.

5. holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...
    I remember seeing the +20 db boost button on other PC's but can't seem to find it on my new one. The mic is in the proper input, maybe the Soundblaster card configuration changed things around. No need to move this to Happy-Hour, maybe it will just fade away! Thanks for all suggestions.

6. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    sorry I could not give you an answer on this one, hope it works out for you.