PBS Not Streaming to Desktop or iOS

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CarolT, Jun 12, 2017.

1. CarolT

CarolT New Member

Jun 12, 2017

Advertisements

My Bolt-recorded PBS shows do not stream on my mac desktop (using TiVo.com website) or my iPhone (using TiVo app). All other networks stream fine. I've tried recording and streaming both the HD PBS station and the non-HD station. Everything, including PBS, plays on the TV with no problem.
    I've contacted TiVo support more than 5 times and they keep stalling. Does anyone have any suggestions or know why this doesn't work.
    Ref: Tried using Mac OS Sierra, and Mac OS X El Capitan; all software and phone iOS latest version

2. ronnieh2

ronnieh2 New Member

May 12, 2014
    I have no answer, but also can't stream PBS.
    If this were a common problem there would be a flood of reports.
    So, it's probably local to our wireless services and it would be difficult to find.

3. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I live in the Philly suburbs and have Comcast and a Roamio Plus. Just recorded a few minutes of Lidia’s Kitchen on WHYY (local PBS station) and was able to stream it to both my iPhone and iPad. So it would seem to be a local issue for you both (maybe).

4. CarolT

CarolT New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Hard to compare with your system as I'm using a Bolt, not Roamio, Time Warner, not Comcast, and website on a desktop, not iOS. Glad it's working for you.

5. ronnieh2

ronnieh2 New Member

May 12, 2014

Advertisements

A few more clues to create even more confusion.
    1. My Bolt successfully streams PBS to my iPad Pro/iPhone and downloads PBS shows to my Mac via cTiVo.
    2. My Roamio Plus refuses NOT stream PBS channels to the iPad/iPhone but it WILL stream to my Mac and download PBS shows via cTiVo.
    Anything that says PBS, including the basic SD PBS channel are affected.

Both TiVos are connected to the same wireless router and ISP.
    I am in Pleasanton CA on Comcast, but behind an apartment complex firewall.
    The PBS problem is relatively new.

WGBH's World cable channel (formerly called PBS World) carries many PBS programs and DOES stream from the Roamio Plus to iOS devices. Here in the Bay Area, World is one of the local PBS station's digital sub-channels. It's SD, but I use it as a workaround for PBS Roamio streaming.

6. ronnieh2

ronnieh2 New Member

May 12, 2014

7. ronnieh2

ronnieh2 New Member

May 12, 2014
    After the November 2017 TiVo iOS app update, my iPad and iPhone now streams PBS shows.