PBS Myster! Lewis Old, Unhappy, Far Off Things *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Church AV Guy, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    PBS called this episode 4-1, but all other sources called it 5-1. Did they goof, or are they using some altenate numbering scheme? Maybe some "new math" in their schedules?:D

While most of the episodes of Lewis were logical and made some sense, I just got totally lost with this one. I get why Jud had to be killed ten years ago, but not exactly why the new bunch of murders were being committed today. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, or I just need to see it again, but I was really confused by the character's motivations? Why was Poppy sending out all those accusitory letters?

Do I need to diagram this?

Oh, and I guess not smoking isn't working for Hathaway.

2. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    Mystery! often mixes things up. I believe they showed two seasons back to back one year. I remember back when PBS aired season 3 they stopped at episode 4 "Counter Culture Blues" for no apparent reason and showed it the next year instead. Just odd.

I was rather confused too. I assume some important plot points went out the window when PBS lopped off 10 minutes to make room for Alan Cumming and commercials.

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    And has it really been 10 years since his wife died? I thought she was in episodes only a few years ago.

4. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Lewis' wife hasn't been seen in the current series. She was occasionally in the Morse shows, but the last one of those was in 2000, and I don't know if she was in that one. So it's been more than 10 years, real time.