Pay per view on Tivo Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Evestay, May 7, 2011.

1. Evestay

Evestay New Member

May 7, 2011
    Hi, I am wanting to watch the boxing match tonight- Pacquiao v Mosley- and it needs to be ordered through pay-per-view.

According to this - support.tivo.___/app/answers/detail/a_id/222 [sry can't post links] - I should be able to call my cable company and watch it. However, it says I can only do it "if your cable provider allows you to purchase it over the phone."

How do I know which cable companies allow it? I have Mediacom and you can order pay-per-view over the phone, but they told me it wouldn't work if trying to go through a Tivo box. Are they just trying to dissuade me? I feel like if I ordered it over the phone and went to that PPV channel on my Tivo it would work...

2. magnum68

magnum68 New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Pembroke...
    Hi, I have Comcast and I have used their online chat and called to have have the Pay per View boxing matches on my Premiers.

3. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I know this is a bit late for the OP but ordering PPV with a Tivo is no different than ordering premium channels like HBO. The cable co simply has to activate that channel on your account.

4. Evestay

Evestay New Member

May 7, 2011
    No it's not late, thanks Whiskey and magnum. My only concern was that somehow the cable co would have blocking ability, but it doesn't sound like it.

5. magnum68

magnum68 New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Pembroke...
    I just ordered the Pacquiao vs Mosley fight right now over the phone. Can't wait to see it on my Premieres.

6. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Hopefully it won't be a week before they activate the ppv channel, or was that immediate?

7. magnum68

magnum68 New Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Pembroke...
    Why would they wait one week to activate a live PPV event? They always have it ready the moment the PPV event begins every time I order it.

8. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Cuz the cable providers ususally stumble when a TiVo/cable card is involved... if you were using their in-house tuner, it's a different story. Enjoy the match!