Pause Live TV - Priority?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by chelsel, Jul 21, 2007.

1. chelsel

chelsel New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Advertisements

I just started using a Series3. I had a LiveTV program paused for a short while. When I came back the program was lost as both tuners started recording scheduled programs. Is there anyway that I can give Live TV priority over everything else?

Is there anyway that I can make Tivo only use one Tuner for its background tasks but leave me a tuner to do whatever I want with, for example, watch LiveTV without being interrupted by messages asking me if its ok to switch channels?

Thanks,
    Cliff.

2. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Nope - the Tivo asked you before changing the channel, but if you don't reply it assumes that you are not using your Tivo and does its thing.

As always, the safest thing to remember is that if you want to be guarenteed a chance to watch it, record it.

3. Runch Machine

Runch Machine New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Minneapolis
    No. The safest thing to do if you get into a live program is to press record. That way you won't lose it.

4. Martin Tupper

Martin Tupper Pontiff Emeritus

Dec 18, 2003
    Hit the record button.

5. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002

Advertisements

Yeah, you'll get into the habit of just hitting record instead of pause if it's a show you want to be sure to catch the ending of.

6. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    In case no one else has suggested it, record anything that you really want to watch.

TiVo is about recording the programs you like and watching them when you want. Live TV is the lowest priority.

7. gwsat

gwsat Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Oklahoma City
    Shortly after I got my S3 a poster to a thread like this one suggested that the best bet when using the S3 is to record EVERYTHING that you want to watch. Good advice.

It’s easy to simply press the Record button when something you want to watch comes on. It’s equally easy to delete the recording when the show is over, so that you don’t waste any storage space.