pause button not working right

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by garydellerman, Jun 28, 2018.

1. garydellerman

garydellerman New Member

Dec 20, 2017

Advertisements

I have had my tivo roamio ota for 6 months, and today I noticed when I press the Pause button, it will pause what ever I'm watching, but if I push it again, it will not go to play the video again. The past 6 months if I pushed "pause" once it would "pause" and if I pushed it again it would play. If I push the Play button above it, it still keeps it on pause. My only solution is to hit the "back" button so it take it back 6 seconds and then it will go into Play mode.

Is this a "new" firmware issue, a remote issue, or something else. It just started today for me.

Any suggestions?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Simply a data point: no such issue here, as of today (on an up-to-date Bolt with Gen3 UI).

3. JandS

JandS Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    No specific experience of your symptom but I recall clicker weirdness when the batteries were getting low. Have you tried new batteries?

garydellerman likes this.
  4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Try a reboot.

garydellerman likes this.
  5. garydellerman

garydellerman New Member

Dec 20, 2017

Advertisements

Thanks everybody for your responses.
    I did change the batteries and same problem.
    I then tried to do a restart and it wouldn't do that. So I unplugged the unit and let it sit for 60 seconds without any power. Then restarted the TIVO and that seemed to fix the "problem".

Peace again, all the buttons are working. :)

6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    A reboot (box and remote!) should be the first step in resolving nearly every TiVo issue.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    With Bolt and Roamio platforms, System Information displays the battery condition when the remote is using RF mode. With lithium batteries, my level is always 100% until it isn't. Then I need new batteries.

8. slatimer72

slatimer72 Member

Jan 13, 2018
    I have always had that issue. I guess I just am trained to hit the rewind button and play. A reboot will fix it but ehh whose got time to wait lol.