Patrick McEnroe on PTI?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Marco, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Has he been doing television for long?

He was on with Bob Ryan yesterday, and I thought he wasn't half-bad. I just had no idea he was in that line of work.

2. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    +1 I was surprised by his wide knowledge of sports, not just tennis. I could see him replacing Levatard as a guest host.

3. HoldenBanky

HoldenBanky Insert witty remark

Oct 25, 2006
    NYC
    He and his brother filled in for WFAN here in NYC after Imus got fired for about a week. Horrible.

4. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Well-Known Member

May 10, 1999
    I've never seen him on anything other than tennis broadcasts/segments before this, though he's being doing those for many years.

5. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    I did kinda wonder if they fed him either facts or opinions.

6. wingerzzz

wingerzzz Football is Good

Jul 19, 2005
    Saint...
    Like another said he has been in broadcasting for years and years with tennis from doing studio, play by play and interviews so he has those skills.

Overall I thought he did a pretty good job, you can tell that he had decent knowledge of the things he discussed but I could tell he was limited in scope of the discussion so he probably is not a huge sports fan and he tend to be more personal when the topics were near and dear to him, Bill Walsh and the Yankees. He substituted on the “former” Dan Patrick Radio show about a month ago and did pretty much showed the same thing.

7. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    He's been filling in for years on "1st and 10" on "ESPN First Take"(used to be Cold Pizza) and doing this same sort of thing with Skip Bayless.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    He seems knowlegeable when I see him on Cold Pizza/First Take. Then again, he's usually debating the moron Skip Bayless who can make a can of paint seem smart.

9. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought he was kind of stiff and robotic...eh, I don't like it when anyone other than the old man and Wilbon are doing it, so I'm biased...