Patiently Waiting

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by NailStorm, Nov 7, 2007.

1. NailStorm

NailStorm New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    .... for them to push it out. I'm on the 'list' whatever that means..

2. Manticore

Manticore New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    If you are in MA it goes live on Monday. Hower you need to have a tech go to your house and check the wiring. Especialy if it is older. The techs will setup the download. This is per Comcast. They had issues with older wiring in the testing phase.

3. mcharkowski

mcharkowski Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Epping, NH
    Manticore, since you seem to know someone or something, do you know if it goes live in Southern NH as well? I actually still have one of the DVRs, even though I don't need it, since only the DVR boxes have HDMI out (which I do need). I hate the I-Guide software (useless), so I figure if I have to have the DVR, I'd be willing to pay $3-4 more to make it useful.

4. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Hi :
    I just talked to a Comcast rep and they said they "hoping for the beginning of the year" for rollout.

Also, she said it would be a different box than my current cable box and they don't have any "tivo codes" yet.

I live in Southeast MA and, frankly, the rep really didn't sound like she was very familiar with things.

But, who knows?

I look forward to someone posting as soon as they get one!

Just thought I'd share what Comcast's customer reps are saying.....

5. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    any word on the southern Indiana area? it sounds VERY cool to me! we've got insight right now (Bloomington, Indiana), but as of Jan. 1ST, we're gonna be comcast...i'm also kinda wondering what the changes there will be...should be interesting...;)

6. Hokie Soup

Hokie Soup New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Washington DC

Beginning of the year now??? C'mon Comcast! You guys are killin' me.

Go Hokies!!!

7. Manticore

Manticore New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    I do not know about NH sorry. I was told the cost is $2.99 over the cost you are currently paying if you have the DVR.

8. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Hi:

Any news on this?