Partial Lost Recording

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by primetime73, Jan 26, 2006.

1. primetime73

primetime73 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I have a season pass set up for both Lost and Invasion via OTA on my HR10-250. When I went to watch them tonight both recordings stopped after approximatley 49 minutes. The record bar shows 1 hour 1 minute for Lost and 59 minutes for Invasion but both of the acutal recoring times run out prior to that. Luckily my other HR10-250 upstairs was also set to record Lost and it worked fine. I remeber last fall I also ended up with a partial recording of Lost at around that same 49 minute mark. Has anyone else had this problem and is it just a rare glitch?

2. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    When partial recordings have shown up for me it was usually because the TiVo rebooted on it's own (could be caused by weak sat signal resulting in picture break up) or a power outage. Maybe a UPS could help.

3. Mark Lopez

Mark Lopez Just click ignore

Jan 1, 2000
    Hondo TX
    However it should start recording again after the reboot.

I have been having a similar problem the last few days. I know it's not rebooting because shows recording at the same time on another tuner are recording ok. Also, my 30 second skip is still intact.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=284077

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The few times mine has rebooted it shows up as two seperate recordings in the Now Playing List.

5. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    It could be that after the reboot completed it was past the show's end time.

6. Mark Lopez

Mark Lopez Just click ignore

Jan 1, 2000
    Hondo TX
    The OP indicated that the partial recording was 49 minutes. A reboot should not take more than 5 minutes.

7. primetime73

primetime73 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I don't think it rebooted because i was watching the other tuner while Lost and Invasion where recording. It may just be a weird signal problem like a temporary weak signal that I don't understand. I live less than 6 miles from the towers but the ABC signal acts very weird at times anyway like dropping audio or dropping out of HD on the digital channel during MNF. Hopefully the partials were just a rare occurence and nothing is wrong with the box since it is only about 6 months old.

Of course the wrench in my theory is that the other HR10 on the floor above it recorded the Lost episode without any signal skips and the problem one picked up the first 49 minutes of Invasion after Lost w/o a problem. Hopefully no problems next week