Part or Model Number for M-cards?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jmpage2, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Can those Tivo HD users with M-cards please provide the model number or part number for the M-card?

If there is a SKU or other code on their installation receipt that would also be helpful.

This will aid those of us getting installations and talking to cable company CSRs who aren't familiar with M-cards.

The cards might be in the system and they don't know how to locate them. Knowing the model number, part number, SKU, etc, might help us have them look up the part and we get the right card installed the first time.

2. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    The first-tier CSR at BHN wasn't familiar with M-Cards so she transferred me to a more experienced CSR. He was able to search his database and identify the M-Card. I will be getting the M-Card next Tuesday. I will post more info after the install.

3. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I am set up for install on Monday and I would like to call the CSR who arranged it for me and see if he can find the M-card so I don't have to mess around with getting my cards swapped out at a later date.

4. jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    From another user (thanks!)

Motorola PN: 514517-002-00
    Barcode SKU: 12572 14271

At least for Comcast.

5. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Those are the Motorola codes.

The front of the card says "M-CARD" in white print on a red stripe and has "MediaCipher" with the Motorola logo on a pink background on the rest of the label.

If you get one, make a note of the card unique info on the back label:

SN (serial number)
    UA (unit address)
    MAC (MAC address)

Comcast will use the SN to identify the card in their accounting system.

6. RavenFan

RavenFan New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Are these numbers required to activate the card? I supplied a HostID and Card ID that appeared in the Pairing display on the TiVo. A CSR asked for the cable card model, but I didn't know it. I'll try to call with this info tomorrow.

Of course, the tech that came to my house had never seen a cableCARD and only supplied the Serial Number when he called his dispatcher.

7. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Around here Charter asks for the id number printed on the card (alpha), the card's MAC address (hex), the cable card ID (numeric) and the host ID from the slot (numeric).

8. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The Serial number will "attach" the cablecard to your account so it can access the programming you subscribe to.

The HostID/CardID will marry the card to your set.

9. RavenFan

RavenFan New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Just as I figured...Comcast does a really good job making sure that they can attach the card to my account to facilitate billing me. Now if they could only provide the service for which I'm being billed.

So far, i've wasted over 3 hours of time with a tech or on the phone, in addition to the 5.5 hours that I waited for the tech to arrive.

I do appreciate al the help that the experienced users have supplied in this forum. I feel like I am now armed with the appropriate information to get this thing to work if I can find a Comcast employee who actually believes me.