Parks and Recreation S3E9 "Fancy Party" OAD 4/14/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by justen_m, Sep 20, 2018.

1. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

I'm watching this show for the first time, as it repeats on FXX. I started with S1E1, and am now halfway through S3. Anyway, on this episode, April (Aubrey Plaza) and Adam (Chris Pratt) are getting married. As part of his vow, Andy says, "I'm the luckiest man in the galaxy." Predates his role as Peter Quill/Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy by a few years. The line made me LOL.

Dang, Chris Pratt has moved on to some very green($$$) pastures. Marvel Cinematic Universe and Jurassic World.

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    yeah.. Who would have thought Andy Dwyer would have elevated himself to such heights.

3. JTAnderson

JTAnderson Active Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Redondo...
    His portrayal of Burt Macklin clearly indicated there were great things to come.

jsmeeker likes this.
  4. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I love Andy.

I do not love the kinds of characters Pratt plays now.

5. justen_m

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

Ahh. I was just introduced to him. S3E13. April and Andy are Janet Snakehole, a very rich widow with a terrible secret, and Burt Macklin, FBI, best damn agent they had...

6. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I could have sworn Burt Macklin appeared at least a couple of times prior to that episode.

justen_m likes this.
  7. justen_m

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I googled, and you're right, he did. In fact, from the p&r wiki page, I saw the first appearance. Questioning Greg Pikitis. I guess it slipped my mind, because he wasn't in uniform. I think S3E13, The Fight, was the first time he was wearing the FBI windbreaker.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    FYI, you're probably missing at least several minutes of each episode by watching reruns on a commercial channel.