Parks and Rec (Two-Fer) 5/13/11 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by YCantAngieRead, May 13, 2011.

1. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm just really loving this show right now. The stuff in the "morning after" episode was fantastic. I laughed a lot-particularly at April's pillow-hat. And the snow pants.

I haven't watched the second of the episodes yet, but I'm looking forward to it. This show has really hit its stride. I think the addition of Rob Lowe, and more importantly, the other new guy (can't remember his name off the top of my head) has really fleshed out the cast.

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Parks and Rec has to be the best comedy on TV right now. It's freakin' brilliant every week.

Both episodes were great, but Ron Swanson dancing after getting plastered on "Snake Juice" was epic.

Ron giving a claymore mine to the little girl in the second episode was perfect.

3. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...

That's going to be my Monday screensaver. :) Andy's trip and throwup...haha!!

Ann 'Amy Winehouse' Perkins was hot...yeah I'm weird.

4. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    I want a gif of that so much. (I watched the Producer's Cut on Hulu, in that one, he does it on Kyle. I can't decide which is funnier.)

5. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I think that Leslie and Ben are perhaps my favorite sitcom couple ever. The second episode was just as great as the first

6. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I thought Rob Lowe doing the banjo-pickin' was a hoot. :)

7. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
  8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
  9. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    They're an obscure (but beloved within that community) indie band. Basically, perfect for April.

10. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I loved everyone getting drunk-especially Ron's "dancing" and Ben's giggly "Ba-Ba-Booie!" :p;)

"How ya livin', Ron?"
    "Ahem...Yes." :D

Rob Lowe: I believe an ounce of that could literally kill me. :D

Know Ya Boo! :p

11. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I cracked up at the whole "I ran a 5k this morning." "Really?" "No, I threw up in the shower." exchange between Ben and Leslie.

12. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah it is amazing. Once in a while a show will hit on every episode in a season and this is having one of those special runs this year.

13. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Except that, arguably, last season was just as good. So we're looking at, possibly, a 2 consecutive season run of greatness. That's nearly unheard of.

14. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    There were two episodes? Crap. I only had one recorded. I saw the exchange between Ron and the little girl at the start of whatever show I recorded next and it didn't make sense. It does now. I think my cable provider has it on On-Demand.

15. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    It's on Hulu.

16. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    I really think the first episode (was it The Fight?) may have been the best sitcom episode I've seen in a while. I rewatched it last night and it is just awesome.

It's interesting-I was so lukewarm on this show until this season, and this season has just gotten progressively better with every episode.

That being said...I don't enjoy April and whatsisname as much as I want to.

17. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I could only use it at work (our corporate network makes me appear to be in the U.S.)

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That was hysterical!
    That and the fact that Chris had read the ladder article.
    Who knew Rob Lowe could be this funny?
    (Yes, I know, Wayne's World)

Leslie and Ben are having a pretty sweet "will they or won't they".
    Much better than many other shows when they do this.

And Ron Swanson was awesome in both episodes, as always.

I know I've said it before but Parks and Recreation really has been firing on all cylinders this season.

Go Parks and Recreation!

19. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I know-he is just going for it on "P & R" - doesn't care how goofy he looks, love how he "punches" peoples' names, and of course all his "literally"s...:D

"I keep myself well hydrated and have a bladder the size of a ... (what did he say?) ... so I urinate 12 times a night..." :p;)

The key to good urethral health? Radishes! :D

20. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I love that Jerry and Donna were rocking "Know Your Boo." I was cracking up every time they high-fived.

Ron dancing at the bar was hysterical.

Ben and Leslie are so cute.

I cannot get enough of Tom. Although I think that is the beauty of the show - such great characters they give you just enough to love them without going too far.

John Ralfeo! One of my favorites. I rewatched season 2 recently and the episode when he first appears interviewing for Ron's assistant is genius.

This show is so great.