Parks And Rec 5/19/11 - Double Episodes :)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JohnB1000, May 20, 2011.

1. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I think the fact that the threads for Parks and Rec always start late is a sign that the show is just not that popular. Also sticking it on between 10-11 cant help.

After the last 2 weeks I felt let down by these episodes, nothing terribly wrong with them but just not as good. The seasons finale had it's moments but for me it was the worse kind of finale where it doesn't really follow the pattern of the regular show and things start to change. No great Rob Lowe moments, limited Ron and Tom special moments.

While I know there were some highlights I just can't remember them right now :(

2. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Really? I thought it was fantastic. In fact, P&R may have just finished the best season by a sit-com ever, in terms of how consistently great it was. I guess these were my highlights:

1) The 4th Floor of City Hall.

2) Ron's circular desk, and how he slowly kept spinning away from anyone trying to talk to him.

3) Ron's love for Li'l Sebastian

4) Ron's moustache, eyebrows, and most of his hair getting burnt off. He looked hilarious. :)

5) Andy's tribute song.

6) Tammy II's expression when she learned that Tammy I was in Ron's office.

7) The butt-dial of Leslie/Ben's political role-playing kinkiness.

8) Leslie's mom responding to Ben's directness by trying to seduce him, and Ben's horrified expression.

... and that was just off the top of my head.

3. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I'm with you, DreadPirateRob. What a way to cap off an insanely brilliant season.

I can't wait to see what they come up with for Tammy I. Tammy II's reaction was priceless.

4. DreadPirateRob

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
  5. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Please, please don't break up Leslie and Ben. As I said in the last thread, they're my new favorite TV couple.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Loved these episodes. Was actually impressed that Andy wrote a decent tribute song to L'il Sebastian.

From Chris Pratt on Twitter:
    I'm shocked that Ron would consider ceremonial wreath laying to be superior to eternal flame lighting. He seems like he'd have a healthy love of all things fire-related.

7. DreadPirateRob

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Another subtle thing that I loved: in the Li'l Sebastian tribute, they get pronouncing "little" as "li'l" even if they weren't directly referring to the horse. :D

8. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Did anyone else notice in the opening credits for "Guest Starring".. listed one at a time... one was just "BRETTA".

I wondered who "BRETTA" could be, but I'm assuming it was Lil' Sebastions lover.

9. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    It's "Retta" and she plays Donna

10. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Hnmmm... I did not know that she went by just one name like prince.

11. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I think my message was slightly misunderstood. Nothing at all wrong with these episodes I just thought that the last two weeks were better.

12. zaknafein

zaknafein Shorthanded

Jul 17, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Loved the finale, esp. the first half. The 4th Floor was hysterical.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ron Swanson was again awesome in both episodes.

The circular desk and his expression while rotating away from people had me howling with laughter.

Leslie and her mother mirroring body language and facial expressions while watching Ben was well done as was Ben's look of horror when Judge Knope was hitting on him was priceless.

14. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Parks and Rec was close to getting dumped out of Season Passes... luckily these episodes brought it back from near death.

15. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I love Ron Swanson. I want a loop of his dancing from The Fight episode just to play on in my head forever.

16. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Double Computers!!

Swanson in the donut desk with the citizen running around it trying to catch his attention was stop the DVR hilarious.

17. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    I have no clue how they filmed that with everyone keeping a straight face.

18. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Also, it's not a "Guest Starring" credit, but a "Starring" credit. I think Jim O'Heir (Jerry) also gets one of these "starring, but not starring enough to warrant showing your face" credits.

Especially the first woman, who complained that there was a sign saying, "Do Not Drink Sprinkler Water," so she made tea with it, and she got an infection from it, so was the department aware that they were using contaminated water.

I also found it strange that, while they were listed as separate episodes, they aired as a single "two-part" episode (and I have a feeling that the scene that would normally air over the closing credits of the first episode didn't air).

19. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    I think that 1/2 hour sitcoms do these back-to-back two parteers this way rather than a one-hour episode to make it easier for syndication. This way they have two episodes that are already made to fit into the 1/2 hour syndication time blocks.