Pan Am “New Frontiers” OAD 22 Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by kaszeta, Jan 23, 2012.

1. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Anyone else still watching this? Somehow we still end up watching it each week, probably due to lack of anything better.

Random comments on this episode:

1. We finally get to see Collette with a tastefully-applied amount of makeup and not the usually overdone eye makeup. Nice.

2. The pickpocket plot was somewhat annoying. If someone has an important item, and it shows up missing later? Yeah, you'll automatically suspect the woman that crashed into you at the party. This seems fundamentally bad, in that the guy will know specifically who pickpocketed him.

3. At least we now know that they'll specifically handle the JFK thing....

4. Will Ted become Amanda's beard? I'm guessing not, but they'll probably follow this subplot for a while...

2. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I'm still watching but there are only a few episodes left. I think the entire order was 14. Unless they add more if they pick it up.

3. gilmoregirls102

gilmoregirls102 Oregonian

Dec 29, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I still watch... I really enjoy the show. I know there has been a lot of criticism, but I really enjoy it.

Considering that Amanda is being played by Ashley Greene (she plays Alice from the Twilight movies), I doubt she'll become a regular (if they don't cancel the damn show). But who knows? I'd like her to stay on (I think she's pretty and a good actress), but I'd be surprised.

I just wish they had Collette and Dean stay together. I liked them as a couple. I guess I just really like Collette as a character. Her and Laura are my favorites :up:

4. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I'm still watching, though I seem to have missed at least one episode in my move, namely Teddy proposing and Collete on the outs with Dean. I enjoy the show a lot, the costumes are great, the people pretty and it's kind of nice fluff.

I was most distracted by Collette's hair. On the scooter ride she had it pulled back in a ponytail that was way too long for her normal style. At least at the party with the updo that could have been a hairpiece in the world of the show, but the ponytail was odd. Collette is my favorite character, it was nice to see her with better hair than the blunt cut.

5. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    It's a somewhat empty-headed show but Kelli Garner's blessed bits make up for it.

6. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Still watching this show, but not sure how much longer. Still seems that every episode is similar to previous episodes. Don't see this show progressing onto new things. At least that's my opinion...