Painkiller Jane - worth recording "marathon"?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MickeS, Sep 13, 2007.

1. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    There's a Painkiller Jane "marathon" coming up on Universal HD on Saturday - something like 20 episodes in a row. Now, I'd have to go out and get a new harddrive to be able to record this, so I need to know if the show is any good. :D

It looks pretty generic. Is it canceled? If it is, might be better to wait until it's out on disc.

2. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    It is OK and has been canceled. I'd love to see it in HD. If you can use the drive for other things later it might be worth it.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    PKJ reminds me somewhat of last year's Blade tv series in that it started out crappy but has gotten better as it has gone on. It certainly isn't Masterpiece Theatre but I'm not embarrassed to say that I watch it every week.

I'm still pissed that Blade was cancelled.

4. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Well the Blade comparison makes it tempting, as I really liked that show (yeah, I'm still pissed about that cancellation too - it had a LOT more life in it).

I will go and look for a drive tonight I think... yeah, I just needed an excuse. :p

5. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Crap - I forgot to go out and get a drive, and I won't have time tomorrow.

Oh well, I guess I'll survive without it. :)

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I watched 2 episodes of this show during the marathon. One was some Connor guy being on trial for setting a fire. I don't remember the other one. That's how highly I thought of this show.

I don't know, I just found it really boring. Am I right in that her super power is she heals like the cheerleader in Heroes??

Maybe I just saw some bad episodes.