Painkiller Jane "What Lies Beneath" 08/31/2007 ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Sep 6, 2007.

1. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    OK, now I'm not so passionately sad that the canceled Painkiller Jane. The episode was OK, but who didn't see it coming that the folks at Niko were doing bad experiments. And that guy being able to heal like Jane and have his other power? What's up with that? I guess that god like guy can fix neuros so they have their old power and can heal? That was a really weak plot moment just to move the whole conspiracy thread forward.

I am now predicting that the season will end in a forever unresolved cliffhanger. Because that's how little the networks care about their audience.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, THAT'S unfair. The network let the show go the entire season, even though they already knew they weren't picking it up next year. If the producers chose to end the season on a cliffhanger without knowing they were getting a second season, that's hardly Sci-Fi's fault.

And may I express how much I loathe and despise you for forcing me into the position of defending the Sci-Fi Network. :D

3. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I guess it depends on when the decision was made in relation to when episode production finished. I just have a bad feeling I'll be looking for someone to blame when the cliffhanger hits.

My apologies. I will attempt to despise Sci-Fi appropriately in the future. :D