Painkiller Jane "The Beast of Bolnar" 09/07/2007

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Sep 11, 2007.

1. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm gonna stick it out to the end, and the rest of you are going to have to put up with it too. :D

This one wasn't too bad, although as soon as I saw the kid I figured it was him. And the first time I saw the woman I figured she was the mother and that the neuro "gene" could be inherited. So not much surprise here.

I'm just wondering why they are spending so much time at NICO. I wonder if they did a mini-reset based on some feedback to try and save the series, but the SciFi folks decided not to even give it a chance and canceled it before we even got to that point.

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Did they do the NICO shooting in Europe? or are they still on planet Vancouver?

If the former, perhaps $$ came into play and planet Vancouver is getting expensive?

phox

3. pkscout

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Don't really know. They have some European looking scenery, but that doesn't really mean anything. I don't think Vancouver is likely to let things get too expensive for production companies. They have a great thing going enticing US based operations to Canada.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Given the heavy accents of everybody except the title cast, I'd say Europe.

5. pkscout

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    True. I thought it was strange that they'd never had a Neuro outside the US but the mother had a serious East European accent. I figured she was an immigrant. ;)

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    There could be an eastern European population in the Vancouver area.

This episode wasn't all that bad. I knew it was the kid right away. Jane got to show some emotion.