Painkiller Jane "Endgame" 09/21/2007

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pkscout, Sep 24, 2007.

1. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI

Advertisements

Well, I sort of called it. They finished the season up with a cliffhanger, although it wasn't as bad as it could have been. They could have ended it with Riley, Conner, and the Doctor looking at the screen. But they got that thread tied up and that introduced us to the new Vono-bar.

So somebody really didn't care about the viewers at all, since there was enough time to do some post and cut that out and change the voice over ending. I don't know if it was Sci-Fi or the producers, but that's just plain mean.

P.S. SciFi billed this as the "season finale" of PKJ. They didn't even have the decency to call it what it was, the series finale. :thumbsdown:

2. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    Yeah, I noticed that. I thought maybe they know something we don't and it was renewed but I'm not holding my breath. Frankly, that whole brainwashing thing with Jane was a stupid plot device.

And why did they just now realize that the most dangerous neuros in the place were unchipped? After the fiasco with "Mimic" man (can't think of the character's name) and the first escape attempt at the facility, you think they would have gone thru the records and looked at possibly rechipping everyone.

The episode ending was as sad as the season. All I could think of was a cannibalized version of T.S. Eliot's famous stanza:

"This is the way the [series] ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper."
    :thumbsdown:

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    This wasn't a great show but it was better than John From Cincinnatti.