Painkiller Jane 8/24/2007 (S01E18) "Jane 113"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Aug 25, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    That was a twist I didn't see coming. I suppose I do wonder how so many varied neuros can come out of their trials aimed at making a self-repairing human, but it's probably not the most egregious concept this series has asked us to accept.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Poor Brian. Or maybe not! Hmmm, an army of self healing soldiers has possibilities.

3. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    At first I thought this was another clip show again led off by Andre so I stopped paying attention after Jane got kicked out of the building. I caught the part with the mannequins, er "soldiers" and the failed experiments but what happened to Brian? I wasn't paying attention when the head bad guy was asking Jane about him.

And why didn't Jane tell the rest of the team what she discovered? :confused:

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Jane seems to have gone rogue.

At the end was a closeup on Brian, now hanging in the room with the other neuros.

5. smallwonder

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    Ahhhh.... thanks. I saw the person hanging at the end but didn't recognize him. Don't know why I continue to muster any interest in this show seeing as how it's ending but since there's only a few left, it's no hardship.

I have to say that Kristanna's acting reached a high watermark of suckiness this ep.; she sounded like she was reading off cue cards - slowly.

Maybe SciFi will give us an early X-mas gift after this show ends and and start re-airing MST3K :)

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    So that really was Brian hanging there at the end? Didn't 100% recognize him with the baldness thing going on.

Why'd they inject Jane anyway? Because they felt like it?

This show really isn't all that bad. It's just super low budget. I don't think Kristanna's that bad of an actress, either. I might be nuts, though.

7. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I think it sucks that the show has been cancelled, I kind of enjoy it. I guess they brainwashed Jane into thinking they are the good guys.

8. smallwonder

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    She's not the worst; she just can't carry the show by herself which is what often ends up happening, particularly since the writing is so bad. She actually looks better when Connor has a bunch of lines - he makes her acting improve by comparison.

At least she had the good sense not to star in Bloodrayne 2. :up:

9. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, but the brainwashing probably won't hold---it didn't in the "perfect town"...

What I don't get is how Riley could have missed that all these neuros they've been huntung participated in the same drug trial...and wouldn't that suggest that the people are all co-located in whatever mysterious city they live in...and that there are no neuros outside the city? Wouldn't that suggest that it wasn't a random genetic mutation causing the neuros?

10. alxbrewer

alxbrewer New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    When did they say the show was cancelled? I enjoy the show, it is not the greatest but it is easy to watch.

11. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    This show is still a bit better than Flash Gordon. :)

12. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Google "painkiller jane canceled" for lots of articles

13. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I read about five of those cancellation links and none of them said why it was being cancelled. I assume it's because of low ratings.

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The ironic thing, of course, is that it's not being canceled, it's just not being renewed.

But that's a battle the English language seems to be losing, in the ever-expanding quest to merge words until in the end, I guess, there will be one noun for every thing, one verb for every action, one adjective for every description... :D

15. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Ok, you caught me, but I did refer to it as being "Dresdened" in another thread for this very reason. :)

16. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    The smurf got smurfed by the smurfing smurfs. :D

This has finally hit some kind of stride, and now we're down to the last few. I sure hope it doesn't finish up in a cliff hanger.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I know exactly what you mean.

18. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    +1

:D

19. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    I think we should call that helmeriching. :p :D

20. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Crap, I was just about to post something along those lines!