overlapping recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by mkillgore, Jan 27, 2012.

1. mkillgore

mkillgore New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I get a little frustrated when Tuesday is going to have my usual lineup, for example, NCIS followed by NCIS L.A. and the shows are rigged by the network to run starting a minute early or a minute over such that something gets cut off. So I go to the season pass configuration and add minutes to the front and back. But the shows themselves are not consistent. So I get the last few seconds (or previews from the next show) tacked on to the front of the follower. (In the case above NCIS L.A. has the NCIS preview) But it changes and next week the reverse is true. (NCIS L.A. just starts early)

So what I want is that if two season passes require the same channel and WOULD overlap by a minute I should get the overlapping minute recorded into two different files. (In computer lingo a third file could carry the overlapped part and only be deleted when both recordings are also deleted.)

This seems a no brainer. Sometimes I'd swear that this is actually happening, but if it does there is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes the season pass manager tells me the result will be clipping. Stupid! If it is on the same channel there should never be clipping!

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It would be nice if TiVo implemented this feature. Of course, it would have been even better if they had implemented it the first time it was asked for, or the second, or the hundredth.