Overlap Protection not working properly?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sender_name, Apr 6, 2010.

1. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    I have overlap protection enabled on my Series 3...Every week i have to mess around with it on Tuesday night and it's getting annoying...
    I record Lost at 9pm and it goes to 10:02. I have a season pass for L&O Criminal intent on USAHD and Southland on TNTHD...

Priority is Lost, Southland, L&O CI. Every week, for some reason it tries to clip 2 min from Southland due to lost overlap, and records a full L&O CI.
    1. Shouldn't it clip L&O b/c Southland has a higher priority?
    2. Shouldn't it be smart enough to fully record Southland @10pm and then L&O at 1am when it reruns?

What i end up doing is canceling L&O, Canceling Southland (otherwise it might not remove the 2 min clipping) then rescheduling Southland at 10pm and then L&O at 1am.

Is my only solution to turn overlap protection off and force tivo to decide to record the L&O rr at 1am...I like overlap protection, i just wish it were a little smarter..

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    1. I thought that would be how it would work. I don't use overlap protection so I am not sure.

2. It would do this if you turned off overlap protection, but since you have it on it tries to clip.

3. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    yeah, I'm disabling overlap protection b/c pretty much every non-network show is rerun later...so I just have to keep an eye on my to do list