Out of Touch Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by cathyy, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cathyy

cathyy New Member

Mar 16, 2002
    We gave away our Tivo (Series 2 with lifetime service and multimedia) when we moved out of country in 2006. Now we are back, and looking at a Premiere Elite.

So, how much is the monthly subscription fee for a single Tivo these days? Also, I heard they got rid of lifetime, and then brought it back - but is it now included if you pay the full price for the box from Tivo? I read a post that implies it is.

We just want accurate info before we make our move. That move may be delayed, too, as our wimpy local rural cable company has just been bought out by WideOpenWest and "is moving to a fully digital signal" which the Premiere Elite needs, I'm sure.

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    If you do not currently own a TiVo that qualifies you for TiVo's multi-service discount (MSD) the service rates on Premieres (including the Elite) are $20/mo or $499 for lifetime service. Check out TiVo.com for details.

Good Luck,

3. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    If you gave away the S2 to family or friend, did they transfer it to their name on a Tivo account? If it still shows on your account you could qualify for $100 discount for MSD.