Out of Space when it shouldn't be

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Timber, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Timber

Timber Active Member

Apr 28, 2002
    NoVA

Advertisements

My TiVo (Series 2) is reporting that its not recording stuff 'cos its out of space. However based on what's in my Now Playing list there should be a lot of space. I've just restarted the TiVo in hope that whatever weird issue that's occured would clear. Anyone have any other ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Do you have some season passes that are set to Keep Until I Delete? TiVo will reserve space for all episodes of those that it can see coming up in the guide.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It isn't just what's already been recorded but also what is scheduled to record.

The Keep Until is the major cause of this situation.

4. Timber

Timber Active Member

Apr 28, 2002
    NoVA
    ...thanks and JimSpence too.

I do have a LOT of Season Passes set to Keep Until I Delete but I'm good about housekeeping so there is never a problem. I should revisit my Season Passes and be tougher about applying this option?

I guess I was wondering if my hard drive had become compromised and was reporting less space than I thought I had. However System Information reports that I have 62 hours (which is what it should be.)

-=Tim=-

5. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000

Advertisements

Housekeeping will only have a modest effect. TiVo must assume that every show (Both in Now Showing and ToDo) marked Keep Until I Delete will never be deleted because it can't trust you to house clean on any given schedule.

6. Timber

Timber Active Member

Apr 28, 2002
    NoVA
    Well I changed my Seasons Passes from "Until I delete". However I'm still getting the "out of space" message from stuff in my "To Do" list. However when I go back into the items and explicitly select record it turns out that there are other reasons for the programs to not record like scheduling conflicts. Very strange.

-=Tim=-

7. Timber

Timber Active Member

Apr 28, 2002
    NoVA
    Any thoughts on this?

-=Tim=-

8. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    It's a bug in the system. Often, if the reason for not recording a program changes, the Recording History doesn't get updated with the new reason.

9. Timber

Timber Active Member

Apr 28, 2002
    NoVA
    Now THAT'S good news. Thanks! :) :)

-=Tim=-