1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Home Streaming with Bolt & MOCA

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cagnew, Apr 18, 2017.

1. cagnew

cagnew New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Hello-
    Should I be able to remotely use the iOS TiVo app to stream out of home from my Bolt if it is connected via a TiVo Bridge and MOCA? Do I need to open any specific ports on my router as it is not working currently?

2. fischmanr

fischmanr New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    This is apparently a known problem according to Tivo support. No known resolution or estimated time to repair.

3. Feb 9, 2018 #3 of 16
    chaz585

chaz585 New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Here it is February 2018 and I am having this same problem with the Bolt I just bought after talking to Tivo with assurances that out-of-home streaming would work unless there was a copyright issue. Lying jerks!

4. Feb 9, 2018 #4 of 16
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It *should* work.

5. Feb 9, 2018 #5 of 16
    V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    My Bolts with MoCA work just dandy with out-of-home streaming on my Android devices (I do not use any Apple crap, so I have no idea if that stuff works or not).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. Feb 9, 2018 #6 of 16
    mr_milo

mr_milo Member

Jan 22, 2018
    S.F. Bay Area
    I assume you have but need to ask... Have you gone into your Tivo account and enabled "Video Sharing" & "Enable Video Downloads" in the device preferences tab for your Tivo?

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Are you trying to stream on cellular or Wifi when away with your iOS device? I thought cellular streaming wasn't allowed as Apple has some requirement on streaming with cellular that the Stream doesn't meet (which Android has no issue with).

This is the quote that I recall from Dan.

Scott

krkaufman likes this.
  8. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    If the device is more than 6 weeks old, they probably slowed it down or disabled the feature for 'your own good'!

9. mr_milo

mr_milo Member

Jan 22, 2018
    S.F. Bay Area
    I have an iPhone 7 with Verizon and have no issues streaming on cellular. I’m not using the stream but the built in streaming on the Roamio Plus.

10. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds like that did get resolved then (that post from Dan was 2014)? The Roamio Plus/Pro actually have a Stream built-in.

Scott

11. mr_milo

mr_milo Member

Jan 22, 2018
    S.F. Bay Area
    I specified that I have the Roamio Plus since wasn’t sure if the built-in Stream worked differently (better) than the add-on Stream.

12. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Correct. You can not out of home stream on an IOS device using cell Unless something changed in the last 2-3 months

13. mr_milo

mr_milo Member

Jan 22, 2018
    S.F. Bay Area
    I assume you are talking about the external Stream module? The stream module built in to my Roamio Plus works fine on my iPhone 7 with Verizon. Maybe it changed or it’s based on cellular service / company?

14. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    No talking about both.. It had to do with the IOS app not supporting it because the stream doesn't support varible bit rates

15. mr_milo

mr_milo Member

Jan 22, 2018
    S.F. Bay Area
    Ok I have my tail between my legs... I totally goofed. I was rechecking everything just now and now it doesn’t work.
    When my kids were watching their shows at the restaurant my phone must have picked up an Xfinity hotspot that I didn’t notice because I just tried and it looks like it works but both Watch on TV & Watch on phone are grayed out.
    Guess it’s still not fixed.

16. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Thanks for posting back since that was confusing! And based on Dan's post, it's unlikely that it will be fixed since either Apple has to drop that requirement or TiVo has to provide more quality levels (including audio only?? which is not likely).

Scott