Out of home streaming unusable?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by jaj2276, Jul 15, 2015.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed recently that out of home streaming has become unusable? I can stream in home without issues but OOH on cellular or Wi-Fi has stopped. I always get a "There was a problem streaming this show. Please check your network and try again. Error Code:E=28 V=33554448"

I have a Tivo Premiere w/ Tivo Stream. OOH streaming is terrible across multiple devices (Android phone, IPad), multiple networks (two different Wi-Fis and cellular), and multiple routers.

OOH has worked fine for me before but it's become unusable. Of course I can't pinpoint when it's become unusable for me because I don't always use it.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Works great for me. I do need to sometimes turn off either wifi or data to stream, for some reason my new phone/app does not like to stream with both turned on.

3. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I've encountered this error also the solution is easy though inconvenient. You must when back home on your home Wi-Fi re-run setup. First turn stream over cellar off though our setup may not complete. After re-running setup go back into settings and turn stream over cellar back on.

I don't know what's causing this I've seen this on my phone and my tablet.

4. DrPyro2k

DrPyro2k New Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I agree that the OOH streaming is practically useless. The App on android is CONSTANTLY forgetting my login password. Recently I have not be able to stream anything for more than a minute or two (if it will stream at all). It doesn't matter if its wifi or Cellular. Granted my LTE bandwith here is not great (only 8.5 Mbps/0.61 Mbps - Down/Up), but my wifi network is much better (10+ Mbps/10+Mbps Down/Up). Heck, I can VPN to home and stream HBOGo better than the damn Tivo works!

I wish that I could VPN and have all of the same options as if I was at home, but for some reason I don't.

Hardware:
    Tivo Roamio
    Tivo Stream
    Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 (Android 4.4.1)
    Samsung S4 (Android 5.0.1)
    Nexus 6 (Android 5.1.1)
    Asus RT-N66U router
    Comcast 50/10 Mbps service

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  5. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

I've actually rerun setup multiple times. Once while at home (on wi-fi although not with cellular turned off) and once while away from home (again through wi-fi).

I just attempted to watch a show while OOH and it worked! That's what's frustrating about their implementation. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and there's no way to know _WHY_ it does or doesn't work.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I can't even remember the last time I needed to enter a password. My Galaxy S6 works each time over LTE without me needing to enter anything. It always remembers my login name and password.

7. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Android OOH streaming is always a total crapshoot - when it works it's great, when it doesn't you either have to reboot the Tivo or wait a while for their crappy proxy servers to recover.

Way overdue for downloads to be done.