OTA Translator over internet

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Antennaguy, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Antennaguy

Antennaguy New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    El Paso, TX

Advertisements

about

I came across this very interesting news about a non-profit organization that is picking up OTA signals in select cities and rebroadcasting them over the internet. They are hoping that by only asking for donations rather than making it a business as the failed AERO did they are within the law. While most translators are owned and operated by the broadcaster to expand their signal area, I actually lived in a remote New Mexico community at one time that collected donations from the community for the mountaintop antenna farm.
    While I would not give up my outdoor antenna for internet TV this would be a valuable alternative to apartment dwellers or people who want to watch TV on hand held devices. I hope they make it!

2. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    Are you talking about Locast? Why not just give their name? They have been discussed in many forums, so far they are expanding very slowly.

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I'm sure the link was put in the OP with the expectation that the name is obvious and visible in the url, and then the forum loaded the page, and rewrote the link to just say "about". It happens.

Regardless, someone em to the topic yesterday: New OTT option for local channels: Locast

4. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    When I replied that "About" was not visible just a chunk of vacant space then his post. It is there now for me. But you are correct that is likely what happened, and it does happen.

5. Antennaguy

Antennaguy New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    El Paso, TX

Advertisements

Sorry about any confusion on the link. This Apple computer is still a bit new to me and I do not fully understand why sometimes links are compressed to just one word. This was actually the first I had heard of Locast and I was interested.