1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA signal meter

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Izaakrach, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Izaakrach

Izaakrach New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Ok here's a weird one. NBC doesn't come in and it says searching for signal. If I run the signal meter it says it has 50 with a peak of 50. Funny thing is that the channel comes in beautifully while the meter is up. No pixelation at all! As soon as I exit the meter, I get nothing? So the only way for me to watch the Olympics is to do it with the signal meter on the screen. Obviously there is a setting that says to ignore lower signals but is there a way for me to see it anyway?

Attached Files:

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try reboot then Guided Setup again. Something goofed in the frequency setting.

Izaakrach likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's the station information -> KRNV-DT - Wikipedia perhaps you can adjust your antenna to get a higher signal. The information displayed is correct.

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Your antenna and signal strength is obviously fine - you almost certainly have the WRONG 4-1 station checked in your channel list. Make sure the only 4-1 you have checked exactly matches the call letters shown on that signal Strength screen. And if you see TWO IDENTICAL CHANNELS with the same number and call letters, then post back - that is a SERIOUS bug in the code (but I thought it was fixed last year).

JoeKustra likes this.
  5. Izaakrach

Izaakrach New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    This fixed it, thanks!

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There are three possible 4-1 from Rabbitears.
    KRNV-DT RENO, NV
    04-1 7.3 KRNV-HD NBC "News 4"
    K51DJ-D VERDI/MOGUL, NV
    04-1 51.3 KRNV-HD NBC "News 4"
    K33IB-D SILVER SPRINGS, NV
    04-1 33.3 KRNV-HD NBC "News 4"
    KRNV-DT RENO, NV