OTA Romeo Not Seeing Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by D-Train, Oct 12, 2017.

1. D-Train

D-Train New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    I have an OTA antenna on the roof of my house and have been receiving over 100 channels on my two televisions when I directly attach the coax cable from the antenna to the TV. The antenna is equidistant from each television location, so the cable is not going further to the living room, than to the bedroom set. I have checked the signal strength on both cables and most of the major stations I want to view are in the green (strong signal reading 60+). When I attach the Romeo to the coax output from the antenna in the living room and then use an HDMI cable to connect to the television, the TIVO Romeo set-up shows no channels available. When I do the same thing in the bedroom I receive all the channels listed by TIVO for my zip code area, plus about 15 that are not listed. Any ideas of why the box will not pick up anything in the living room, when the direct coax connection from the antenna to the television works fine in that room? My antenna is fixed on the roof and it works, so I am not moving it and the person installing the antenna said the signal was very strong and an amplifier was not needed. Ideas to get the TIVO box working in the living room?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Swap the TiVo units.

3. D-Train

D-Train New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    I only have one unit. I tried it in the living room first and when I couldn't find channels during the set-up, I disconnected the unit and tried it in the bedroom to see if I would have any luck there. But I bought the unit to use in the living room, where we watch most of our recorded TV any ideas of how to get it to work in the living room?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm sorry. I'm out of ideas. I hope someone else can help.

5. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Maybe a cable connection problem?

I've had problems when the copper wire is bent to one side and makes a bad connection. It could also be too short and doesn't make a good connection. Make sure that the cooper wire on the cable is centered and makes a good connection to the TiVo.