OTA only Models (like Roamio) should tune to next channel in list. Ex. enter 9 should tune to 9-1

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Jeff M, Sep 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jeff M

Jeff M New Member

Sep 1, 2020

Advertisements

Unlike cable (card) models OTA models only have channels in format C-S where C is the virtual channel number and S is the sub-channel. Analog channel numbers have been obsolete for years.

However if I enter 9 on the remote for example it tunes to "9" where of course there is no channel 9. The least I have to type is both 9 and - and it will bring me to 9-1

Ideally if I enter only numbers (no dash) for it to tune to the next highest channel I have in my channels list... for example if I enter 65 and I don't have 65-1 checked in my channels list but I do have 65-2 that it would tune to 65-2

And off topic... is there anyway to make suggestions directly to Tivo? I see the terms/rules say this forum is not run by tivo and only that "sometimes" tivo employees visit

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    First here: https://advisors.tivo.com/wix/5/p2272893819.aspx

Second is Twitter or FB.

3. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    I've never used an OTA tivo but I'm inclined to agree with you on how it should work. For now, entering channel 9 and then pressing channel up once it tunes to the "wrong" channel should work as a workaround.