OTA network says "Plan to Rescan"

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by adessmith, Aug 30, 2019.

1. adessmith

adessmith Active Member

Oct 4, 2007

Advertisements

Next week my local fox network apparently is changing frequencies... September 6th... Right on time to screw up opening night for regular season NFL games!! :mad:

I'm sure this is going to make a mess of things and I'm not gonna get FOX for a while...
    Any way I can alert TiVo/Rovi of this coming change and get them to update their channel mappings before this happens?

2. whitepelican

whitepelican Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Good luck. I wouldn't plan on it working immediately, but you might try filling out the TiVo channel change form like 1 day early or so. I've had 3 different local channels change frequencies in the past few years, and on average it's taken TiVo about 3 days each time to notice.

3. Adam C.

Adam C. Active Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Once the network changes frequencies, do a channel scan on your Tivo and you should be able to pick up Fox on it's new frequency. It will likely show up in your channel list with a little star ( * ) next to the channel. You'll be able to tune in and watch. You just won't have any guide data until Tivo makes the back end change. You can also set up manual recordings on the scanned channel until Tivo makes the change.

V7Goose likes this.
  4. just4tivo

just4tivo Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
  5. Darrell Patton

Darrell Patton Active Member

Jul 19, 2018

Advertisements

Earlier this year one of the local stations changed frequencies, requiring a re-scan.
    The station, and all of it's sub-channels, showed up in the list of channels twice, once with * next to the number, and once without. Both had guide data from day 1 of the change.
    Perhaps you will be lucky also.