OTA Help

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by TDockUSC, Jan 2, 2006.

1. TDockUSC

TDockUSC New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Hey guys, I have a quick question. I live in Fort Worth and recieve all my HD locals via OTA. This morning, I noticed that my ABC feed (8.1, frequency 9) was not working. It was working last night as I watched it several times. When I used the HR10-250's signal test, it would rapidly fluctuate between 0 and about 50 on both lines. There was no consistency at all.

My first thought was that my antenna had gotten knocked out of place by wind or something, but after checking that does not appear to be the case. All other signals are strong and good, just ABC has the problem. I have checked with a friend here and his is fine so it is not a network issue.

Am I missing something? Do you guys have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

2. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    longshot.....Was that channel a touchy channel when you first set things up? I know i'm 40 miles out and just a 'tad' change in the antenna makes all the difference in the world, especially since my ABC is channel 64 UHF. upper channels are a pain. I have the luxury of indoor antenna in the attic now so changes are 'easier' to make, but if you can toy with it it may pay off.

3. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX