OTA Guide Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MarkRyan53122, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MarkRyan53122

MarkRyan53122 New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    OTA Channel has wrong program information.
    Zap2it.com has the channel and the program information for the channel is correct. Not sure if Tivo is still using same source as Zap2it.com?
    Three phone calls with “customer service”
    Call 1 - One case created - (Tivo recommend run guided set up) - not resolved
    Call 2 - New case created - not resolved
    Call 3- Form submitted to correct channel line up (third case created) - status = “Resolution Sent”, I have not received feedback from Tivo regarding a resolution.
    Issue is still not resolved, it’s been about 6 weeks since I reported the issue. Any Suggestions?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    No they are using their own source since they were bought by Rovi and the entire company renamed back to TiVo. Some users have reported good luck reporting the issue to tvguide.com which uses Rovi/TiVo data as well. Just report it as a guide issue with their website and don't mention it as a TiVo issue.

Scott

3. MarkRyan53122

MarkRyan53122 New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Thank you Scott. I checked the listings for the specific channel on tvguide.com and they have the correct programming, however it is still not accurate on the Tivo Guide. Any suggestions?

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    What is your zip code and what's the channel? IS TiVo showing the wrong channel or just the wrong program information at a particular time?

Scott

5. aclowery

aclowery New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    I resolved my
    SOLVED:
    On Series 2 tivos, before using "repeat guided setup" ALWAYS go to [messages/settings]
    1. CLEAR THUMB RATINGS AND SUGGESTIONS & (take 5 min)
    2. CLEAR PROGRAM INFO AND TODO LISTS (takes about 60 minutes)
    Note: 1. Because of having to do this, the user will need to reset the recording schedule. Do this after cleaning up the channel list to have only verified working channels.
    2. If the file overrun caused a S03 error, a "kickstart 57" procedure should be used first.(takes about 20 minutes)

This is due to more channels being added to ANTENNA and SAT lineups to the default "offered" channel list and is overrunning and corrupting the cache file. This may be only a temporary solution, as there is a limit of file size/memory allocated.Suggest Tivo programming limit the Antenna channels by 50 miles of the zip code, instead of the 125 miles it appears to be the default. Use antennaweb.org or Free Cable TV | Antenna Locator Maps | Cord Cutting Guide to verify.

6. MarkRyan53122

MarkRyan53122 New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Hey Scott. I received an email this morning from Tivo indicating the issue was resolved. Checked my guide, and indeed it is resolved. Thank you again for your responses. Appreciate you interest/help with my issue.

HerronScott likes this.
  7. jacktechie

jacktechie New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    South SF...
    While channel surfing, it looks like the only accurate guide is xfinity
    11/10/17 tivo 19:30-21:30 Lonely Are the Brave, 21:30-23:45 Turner Classic Movies (no further description), 23:45 The Four Feathers
    tvguide.com & iPad 19:30-23:45 Lonely Are the Brave, 23:45 The Four Feathers
    xfinity 19:30-21:30Lonely Are the Brave, 21:30-23:45 This Property Is Condemned, 23:45 The Four Feathers

11/11/17 tivo, tvguide.com, iPad 09:30-11:00 This Property Is Condemned
    xfinity 08:15-11:00 The Green Berets

Last month, tivo had KCSM PBS OTA descriptions off 3 weeks in a row. NGC descriptions and show times were incorrect earlier in the week. Comcast Sunnyvale - always check this prior to recording off Tivo. o_O