OTA DT mapping problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TiVoToo, Sep 13, 2006.

1. TiVoToo

TiVoToo Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Orlando, FL

Advertisements

The S3 will not tune the local Fox OTA DT channel. The correct virtual channel (35.1) shows up in the S3 channel list. If I tune to the channel, I get message "Searching for signal on: Antenna In". If I use the antenna signal strength meter, it shows that 35.1 is not mapped to a physical channel. It should be mapped from physical DT channel 22. All of the other DT channels tune OK and signal meter shows the correct physical channel for each. I've done a Channel Scan twice, but this has not corrected the problem. 35.1 is not shown as a scanned channel (no "*") anyway. I'm unable to find a way to manually map 22 to 35.1. This appears to be a problem with the initial setup as all of the DT channels were present in the Channel List after the initial setup and before I attempted a channel scan. I would guess that TiVo did not correctly map this DT for my area code. How do I get them to fix this?

Oh, and the problem is not at the source (35.1). Both my HDTV and HTPC tune into the channel without a problem.