1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA channel frequency change now poor signal KIMT

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by reese_30, Oct 6, 2018.

1. reese_30

reese_30 New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Local CBS station (3-1 KIMT) for south east minnesota and north iowa apparently changed frequency in the last week. First 3-1 showed up twice in the channel list as 3-1 KIMTCBS (old) and 3-1 KIMTDT (new). One had the picture/sound while the other had the guide information. Ran guided setup with different zip codes in the coverage area and then again with the correct zip code. After this the 3-1 KIMTCBS is gone and I'm left with 32% signal on 3-1KIMTDT. Never had reception issues with 3-1 KIMT in the past year (always 80% plus). Does TiVo have the correct frequency for the change? Diagnostics show 533. I'm planning to call the station to double check the new frequency Monday. Any other possibilities? 3-1 can be viewed perfectly on another TV without TiVo on the same antenna. TiVO customer service was no help and frustrating. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I have the same thing on one or 2 of my channels. They did their frequency change and now it is only clear sometimes.

3. reese_30

reese_30 New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Station said they've been unable to switch to a new antenna and frequency due to bad weather. TiVo removed the old channel from the list. Hopefully they can add it back to the list until the station completes their change over.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. jrn

jrn New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    I have called Tivo tech support several times about this issue. It seems to me that they need to update their programming to match the new channel lineup for KIMT 3.1/3.2/3.3/3.4 on Channel 24 vs 42. I can get the channel on KIMTCBS but the program info from Tivo is on KIMTDT. They (Tivo) seem to think I am nuts. How do we get this fixed?!?!