OTA CBS Philly, week of 1/7 anyone have issues?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by newsposter, Jan 14, 2008.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

hdtivo says i have 92+ on the reading but Wednesday thru Fridays shows all had some 'intermittent flaws' in the pic. It's only a tiny part of the pic and the rest remains flawless. It would be like i took an eraser to part of the screen and smeared it. Or some kinda static. No other ota or satellite stations show this.

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Contact the station.

We had a similar problem a couple of years ago.

Bad board in our flexicoder resulted in 1/6 of the screen washed out, the other 5/6's were fine.
    Could be a similar problem.

phox

3. whsbuss

whsbuss Advanced Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Phila, PA
    I saw the same issues with them as well. Also saw pixelation watching the game Sunday. Must be their xmit equipment.

4. TheGreenHornet

TheGreenHornet Don

Oct 31, 2007
    Jeffersonvil...
    I am OTA in the Philly suburb. I noticed the same thing too during CSI NY and CSI on Thursday night. I recorded both shows on my series 3 from KYW via OTA and watched them over the weekend. I thought it was really odd since I have a history of 95% to 100% signal strength thanks to my location and antenna. It must be resolved. I watched CSI Miami last night and as usual was amazed by the OTA digital signal quality for free!