1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orphan Black 8/12/17 "To Right the Wrongs of Many"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And so it ends...

Tatiana impresses yet again, playing a younger Sarah with a slightly thicker accent.

Oh, Art, why handcuff Enger in plain sight?

Poor Dr. Coady...bringing a gun to a Helena fight.

Well, that wrapped up fast. But I guess they had to leave room for the grand farewells...

It takes a certain kind of chutzpah for an actor to gaze at her own face and say "She's so beautiful"... :D

Clone baby shower! It's amazing, they all have different voices.

Is it me, or has Art slimmed down and buffed up over the years? Is it me, or has Donny...not?

Nice that they finally admitted the title of the show doesn't really mean anything... :D

Helena kinda reminds me of what Pia Zadora's husband said when he found out she was pregnant. "Oh, good, now she'll have somebody her own age to play with."

Fun little music video after the credits...

What an amazing show. In a way, I feel sorry for Tatiana Maslany...that was one of the great performances of, well, ever, and she now risks having the rest of her career overshadowed by it. She was able to portray the different clones, and even the different clones impersonating each other, so distinctly that not only was I never confused, I sometimes even forgot it was all the same actor. Plus the show quickly developed a wonderful ensemble cast, even just counting Tatiana as one actor.

And the show itself will stay in my mind as one of the great ones. Its first season or two were simply phenomenal, and while it started to creak a little in the middle from the weight of too much mythology piling on, it eventually streamlined enough to give us a good final run.

I'm going to miss this show. But I'm glad it was able to go out on its own terms, before it had started to drag on too long. And I certainly look forward to what Tatiana Maslany, and creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett, do next.

So long, Orphan Black. It was a blast knowing you!

TonyD79, tim1724, philw1776 and 2 others like this.
  2. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I laughed hysterically when Alison carefully placed the microphone on the floor as the very last scene.

Now we all want to know: Will there be a UHD 4K Dolby Vision collection, or will we have to settle for mere Blu-Rays?

tim1724 likes this.
  3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    It truly was amazing how well she played all the clones as individual characters. Every time I see Kristian Bruun's name in the opening credits, for a split second I wait for Allison's actor's credit to flash up. Then, oh yeah, right, never mind.

Agree. First season was astounding, along the likes of a Homeland S1. Second season was also very good, but it did go slightly off-course for a couple. But a nice finish.

I'll miss all of them, all 247 of them.

4. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Great trivia question someday: What was Tatiana's last line in Orphan Black?
    Answer: Shite Fish

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought that was a satisfying end to the series - even if the lead up to it was not.

6. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    The title to Helena's book was "Temna Sirota," which is more accurately "Dark Orphan" or "Orphan Dark," rather than "Orphan Black."

tim1724 likes this.
  7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    A very enjoyable series. Sorry to see it end. But, then to continue, they would have to round up the other clones to give them the cure. Wouldn't it be fun to see Tatiana play the other 247 clones? :D

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Really enjoyed the finale. Got a little dusty when Helena named her babies after Art and Donnie. Awesome to see them all sitting there at the end. Wish they could have incorporated Krystal and I'm not sure why they wouldn't let Rachel join them. She ended up helping them in the end.

Loved seeing the Colombian clone speaking Spanish. That was fun.

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    In an interview with Graeme Manson and John Fawcett, they felt it would be the wrong vibe to have Rachel with the others. They said she was redeemed but not forgiven.

Steveknj and aaronwt like this.
  10. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I really enjoyed the finale and will miss it greatly.

I did think the last season was the weakest but it was still good. Helena naming her babies was completely obvious but it still got to me. In fact I expected her to name one Art when he visited her in the garage.

I am glad they had a final scene of the four main clones together again. I was also glad to see the final scenes showing that their lives were back to normal and that they all seemed to be happy.

aaronwt likes this.
  11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Personally, I thought the third (the Castor season) was the weakest...that's when it suffered some serious mythology bloat that never really led anywhere.

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Kinda funny that I still find Cosima to be waaay hotter than Sarah or Alison.

Did Alison's and Donny's kids or at least their daughter resurface at the party?

At least Coady and McFarland got dead. Enger would have been 86'd too if I were in charge of the script. The local police didn't seem to investigate murders on this show so why not?

13. lambertman

lambertman LIVE! On tape

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Guarantee that was the producers' intent.

14. Dawghows

Dawghows Well-Known Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    There are very few TV characters I've loved as much as Helena. I'm going to miss the show in general, but I'm REALLY going to miss Helena.

tim1724 likes this.
  15. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    My wife says she has no interest in the other actresses just the one who plays Helena.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    :confused: You think the producers intended for the one with a nose ring and dreadlocks to be the hottest one?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wouldn't be surprised if the producers of this show took for granted that people would find the geekiest character the sexiest... ;)

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Has anybody kept count of Helena's kill count?

19. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I also found the Helena character the best. Maybe that was why I was kind of disappointed in this season. They kept her on the sideline too much. Granted she was pregnant so there was not much they could do.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wonder if the actor was pregnant, and they had to write it into the show?

:D