Orphan Black 6/17/17 "Clutch of Greed"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

"Is Sarah Manning finally ready to behave?" Has the answer to that question ever been "Yes"? I mean, she may be READY to behave, but she really doesn't have it in her, does she?

I'm glad they're only pretending to drink the Kool-Aid. They were starting to creep me out a little...

Nice to see Kira is smarter than Felix. ;)

M.K.! Yay!

More self-healing clone babies. Hmmm...

Stephen McHattie is playing Westmoreland? That clinches it. He's evil.

I continue to be amazed at how completely Maslany distinguishes the clones. There's always at least one point in an episode where I forget it's the same actor. When Sarah was impersonating Rachel, it was obviously her from the way she moved and spoke, even before the bruises showed.

Ah, Helena. So creative in her application of violence.

Kira's attitude is really starting to bother me. What does she know that nobody else does? WHy is she so eager to remain in the clutches of evil? And why does everybody, including Sarah, seem to think it's the little kid who gets to make the final decisions about her life?

Aw, M.K. Surely Ferdinand has earned a truly brutal demise, right?

Delphine and Siobhan. Hmmm...

2. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Too bad Kira got like two years of growth all while Helena is still pregnant (must be due to her special powers :).

Interesting that Stephen McHattie is the all powerful mystery man who wants control of the special child in Orphan Black, because back in the late 80's/early 90's Stephen McHattie was the all powerful mystery man who wanted control of the special child in Beauty and the Beast (the Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton version - there seems to be a new version of Beauty and the Beast every couple of years).

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Mixed feelings about this week. It was a strong episode, except two things bothered me. MK's death seemed out of place. There wasn't any real emotion to it. Why bring her back, then kill her off. Yeah, I know it showed us how Ferdinand feels towards Rachel, but it just ultimately seemed... unsatisfying.

And the way they let Kira decide her fate. The reason they give kids parents is to make better decisions for them than they would themselves. It's like we had an hour episode devoted to the hijinks of escaping Rachel/Neolution, only to upend it with a ten year old going "I don't wanna".

Having said that, it was still a good episode. Moving the story along briskly, at least.

In the captions, they spell it Westmorland. Several times.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I was thinking the same thing during this episode where almost all the characters were in it. I also frequently forget it's all the same actress.

I hope I'm not disappointed but so far I'm liking the finale season. It seems they are really gearing up to explain most of what they can and have a finish to the whole story. I hope I'm right.

5. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005

Advertisements

Agreed. MK's death seemed gratuitous, especially since Kira's decision to stay rendered it pointless.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Not enough Alison yet this season. Hopefully that is remedied in the next episode.

Steveknj likes this.
  7. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Yeah, Alison is my favorite. I like the beautician, too. Maslany is spectacular.