Original Price

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Maclynn, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Maclynn

Maclynn New Member

Oct 6, 2000
    Birmingham...
    I have lost two TiVo's in a house fire, (never leave a dishwasher on when you go out). My Insurance people need to know the original purchase price and my ancient brain can't remember it. Does anyone recall it.
    Thanks, Mike.

2. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I seem to recall it was something like £499 + £200 for the LT sub; if you got that.

3. bigwold

bigwold Sedentary Member

Jun 4, 2003
    Surrey/Susse...
    I knew I had some old scans of reviews somewhere but they turned out to be from 2006 and no prices quoted.

However there is an interesting quote, which would have been even more so a few months ago, from TiVo' Bob Pony "Nothing is changing for TiVo subscribers in the UK. We'll continue to provide the TiVo service..."

4. TIVO_YORK99

TIVO_YORK99 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    York
    I bought mine the day it came out, and it was £399.99 plus £200 for the lifetime subscription.

5. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    £199 for the lifetime IIRC.

6. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    It depends on when you bought it. I bought mine on 1/5/02 and it cost £229 + subscription. They got even cheaper over the next 6 months up to the point where the last few were practically given away for nothing.

7. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    And they did; for another five years. Unless, after the "..." he said "forever and ever and will never shut it down; ever". Which I don't think he will have done :rolleyes:

8. Maclynn

Maclynn New Member

Oct 6, 2000
    Birmingham...
    Thank you all for the replies. I only have one lonely TiVo left to play with now.

9. Trinitron

Trinitron New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    North West
    I've just found the original receipt for my TiVo (ex-Display model): £99.98 from Powerhouse on 12/1/2003. Bargain. :)

It would be interesting to know how much the insurance company pays out. They should pay you the cost of a reasonable 'new for old' equivalent, which will be less than the original purchase price.

I don't think it is reasonable to include the lifetime sub as you didn't have one at time of your loss (other arguments notwithstanding!), but if you get an claim handler that knows nothing about TiVos... ;)