Ordered sports package but...#$#^$&$

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Jim Abbett, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Jim Abbett

Jim Abbett New Member

Nov 6, 2005

Advertisements

I ordered the MLS direct kick package last night online. I waited about 10 minutes and checked to see if I was receiving the channels. Nope. Nothing. NADA. So, I rebooted the receiver and still nothing. Of course, I get the email from DTV stating the addition of the package.

I call DTV. CSR rep says the only game on is blacked out in my area. I figure weird but OK. I rethink the situtation call them back. I tell them where I am and who is playing the game that is supposed to be on. She says it's blacked out. I ask her "what game and where do I live"? She has no clue as she never asked. She does some research. She says game is not blacked out and resent the signal as the previous CRS did. I tell her I figured that out since the TV says "channel not purchased call customer service (721)" and not "showing not available in your area" or whatever it normally says. She transfers me to tech dept. Basically same thing. Resend signal, reboot, etc. She says game must be blacked out even though it's not supposed to be and to call back if problem persists.

It was the only game on at the time so it was hard to really know for sure. What do you guys suggest?

2. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    On Saturday April 26 three games (Kansas City Wizards at Toronto FC, 3:30 p.m., Houston Dynamo at Columbus Crew, 7:30 p.m., and Real Salt Lake at D.C. United, 7:30 p.m.) are on DirectKick. Assuming you are out of market for these games, you should get them. If you don't, call and complain.