Order Cancelled - Tivo won't honor discounted price

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gworkman, Jul 30, 2015.

1. gworkman

gworkman Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

On Saturday, I ordered three Tivo Roamios with Lifetime service and three MOCA adapters. They were to arrive today. The normal time for deliveries came and went and nothing showed up. I logged into my Tivo account and don't see a trace of my order. When I placed my order, the first card declined the purchase because of a fraud alert. I used my AmEx card instead and the order was processed. I logged into my AmEx account and nothing appears there either. I called Tivo and was told there was just a brief snippet that something was ordered, but magically...there is no order to be found.

I ordered
    3 Tivo Refurbs (49.99)
    3 Lifetime service (349.99)
    3 MOCA adapters (20% discount given)

Now..the best they can do is full price on Moca, Full price on Lifetime and 149 for each Tivo. Their mistake is going to cost me over $400? I spent over 90 minutes on the phone. I was "disconnected" from the first guy. (I really don't understand why he didn't call me back since he has my phone number on file). On the second call, with no discounts applied..I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold. I finally had to hang up because I had other things that needed to be done.

So...is there anyone on this board who can help me get the offer that was lost? I am really disappointed with this whole process after being so excited to move off DirecTV/ATT and onto Tivo with cable...

2. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I would encourage you to reach out to margret@tivo.com. I believe she is the VP of product design, however she has strong pull with TiVo and has helped me on MANY occasions and seems to really care about TiVo customers...

Best of luck!

3. convergent

convergent Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Do you have anything in writing showing that your order was accepted? Sounds like it wasn't, in which case you are probably out of luck. If you have an order confirmation email or screenprint, I'd think that you could escalate and get them to honor it.

4. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    this exact thing happened during the $300 lifetime ota debacle...my card was declined because I tried to use a prepaid credit card that I loaded with $300 from my checking account...(apparently Tivo does NOT take prepaids) and once I was able to get the money back off the prepaid card and back into my checking account..the deal was over and I had to buy it off ebay for $85 more...they wouldn't honor the price even though they could see that I tried to order it.

5. convergent

convergent Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC

Advertisements

I hate to be harsh, but "tried to order" isn't the same thing as ordered.

If your payment method is declined, then the order was never placed. I am guessing they wanted to sell a certain amount of stock via the sale, and when they hit that point they ended the sale. They aren't going to hold inventory for someone that attempted to order and their payment method was declined, because you may never come back again.

This is why I asked if the OP received an order confirmation. If they did, then I'd think they had a valid argument, but otherwise not.

6. gworkman

gworkman Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Although I did not get an e-mail confirmation, the operator did state the order went through and the estimated delivery date was Thursday.

Fortunately, I heard from Tivo today and they are doing the best they can to take care of me. Thanks for all of the advice...

7. Aug 1, 2015 #7 of 14
    convergent

convergent Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    That's awesome! I didn't realize you were ordering over the phone... that changes the situation a bit since you are relying on their verbal confirmation. But lesson learned here... always call back if you don't get some kind of documented confirmation.

8. Aug 1, 2015 #8 of 14
    Fernwood

Fernwood Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Just curious, why the 3 life timed Roamios instead of 1 life timed Roamio & 2 life timed Minis?

9. Aug 1, 2015 #9 of 14
    gworkman

gworkman Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    It's all part of the grand scheme. I have 6 TVs in the house and DirecTV will be leaving at the end of my MLB EI subscriptions. This month is the big expense..in September, I will be adding on 3 minis.

10. Fernwood

Fernwood Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Got it, that makes sense.

11. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    :rolleyes: That's not even close to being the exact same thing.

12. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It's your grand scheme that interests "us," always wanting to understand how others are deploying the technology -- to open our eyes to alternatives, as we may get tunnel vision supporting our specific implementation.

For example, my blinkers would have nudged me towards a single Roamio Plus or Pro, upgrading the HDD to 3TB or more, and a smattering of Minis, as needed -- with the Plus/Pro providing for both mobile/PC streaming (via built-in Stream component) and possibly the creation of the MoCA network.

My biases leave me guessing that you have multiple users and want each viewer to have their own DVR content control. (And which, similar to Apple and their iPads, would explain why TiVo has failed to introduce user profiles in the 15+ years since their devices hit the market: they believe they can make more money by NOT providing this feature.)

13. gworkman

gworkman Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    One consideration for me is that I may want to go 100% OTA. Can't do that with anything but the 4 tuner. In my neck of the woods, there is so much free stuff available, it would make sense to go that route.

14. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Ah, ok, makes sense; that was my first thought, until seeing your closing "so excited to move off DirecTV/ATT and onto Tivo with cable" in the OP.

---
    p.s. I sure wish TiVo would partner with somebody like SiliconDust to allow integration of external tuners to boost the capabilities of the DVRs.