Optonline channels disappear

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bruce Bennett, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Bruce Bennett

Bruce Bennett New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Its been a long road to get to this point. Switched from a Tivo3 to a Bolt with 3 minis added in the house. I am now on my 4th cable card and second Bolt(TiVo sent a replacement). Every couple of days I lose channels and am now qualified to work for Optonlibe and for Tivo. Other regular cable boxes in the house do not lose signal and do not pixelate. Changed some cables and cable connectors. Changed a splitter. I have a Tivo bridge in the mix and doesn’t seem like I lose internet. When channels are lost I go to Tivo help and try network connections and that succeeds. Have to restart to Tivo box and wait 5-10 minutes for the channels to populate again to be used. Have a tuning adapter as thought I might need that for SDV but the forums here don’t support that idea. Also tied 3db and 6db attenuators that optonlibe left here. Have one powered splitter in the basement and without it I get nothing. Also when I check channels using Tivo diagnostics I get 36 or 37db. Tivo said that might be an issue (the 37) and Optonline said that it’s my problem and there’s nothing they can do. Not sure how to get any stability here

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Optimum I presume?

What are the signal strengths in diagnostics?

3. Bruce Bennett

Bruce Bennett New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Always seems to be at 92% on any channels.

4. Bruce Bennett

Bruce Bennett New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    And yes on Optimum.

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    That signal strength and the SNRs you previously reported are fine. So the signal being too weak or too strong doesn't seem to be the issue.
    When you say you "lose" channels what exactly happens? Are you getting a message popping up?

6. Bruce Bennett

Bruce Bennett New Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I will get the floating message on a black screen:
    "This Channel is Temporarily unavailable" and please contact your cable provider. It's just so random it is bizarre. meanwhile no issues with cable boxes in the house. And no pixelation so I believe all connections are solid. Thought it might be the optonline powered splitter but signal strength is good...until I lose channels....sometimes most of them...or all of them