Optimum customers in New York and TiVo.com

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Steve, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Steve

Steve TiVowner since 1999

Apr 23, 2003
    White...

Advertisements

I've been unable to log into my account on TiVo.com for about a week. When I enter my UID and PW, the site times out and I get a "cloudfront error 504". Funny thing is I can log into online.tivo.com with no problem. If I do that and then go to Tivo.com, it shows me logged in, but I'm unable to go to the account page. Same 504 error.

Looks like Cloudfront is an Amazon product that claims to be "a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds."

I've contacted both TiVo customer support and Optimum tech support about this and they're each pointing fingers at each other.

I've cleared the cookies on 5 different Windows browsers, tried logging in from a Linux laptop, Safari on my iPad and even Safari on my phone, using the T-Mobile 4g network. Nothing works.

Wondering if anyone else in my neck of the woods is having similar issues or better luck.

Thanks in advance for comments or suggestions.

Cloudfront PC.jpg

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
  3. Steve

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Thanks for that article. I've already tried rebooting my router and switches, connecting wifi, and a bunch of different DNS servers. 8888, 8844, 1111, 1001, and the two optimum DNS servers.

That article does suggest it could very well be an issue on the server I'm trying to reach. Why I'm reaching out to others in my area to see if it's just happening in my setup.

4. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I am up in Dutchess on cablevision and have no issues logging in. I will try to remember to try it tomorrow on the cablemodem at work which is much closer to White Plains.

Have you tried to maybe hotspot to your cell phone to see if you can get in that way maybe?

5. Mar 1, 2021 #5 of 11
    Steve

Apr 23, 2003
    White...

Advertisements

Great minds think alike! Same issue tho.

I thought it might be something about my Win10 configuration or firewall, but it's happening on my Linux laptop and Safari on the iPhone and iPad.

6. Mar 1, 2021 #6 of 11
    jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    And on two totally different internet connections. Sounds like maybe something is messed up with your account on the Tivo.com side.

I can access it from my Lightpath connection here at work. I can try the cablemodem if you want but suspect it would work fine as well.

7. Mar 1, 2021 #7 of 11
    Steve

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Thanks so much for trying! I agree, it must be something with my account. I just plugged my Linux laptop directly into my cable modem to eliminate anything in my house as an obstacle. Same results.

8. Mar 1, 2021 #8 of 11
    jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    I just tried the cablemodem on Cablevision which also works fine.

Good luck!

9. Mar 1, 2021 #9 of 11
    Steve

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Thanks!

Just to let you know, I was able to partially get in by going to tivo.com, support, sign in, my support cases. Everything worked as expected. And from the side menu, I can get to Device Preferences, but not to My Account. That times out.

Also once logged in, if I go to Tivo.com/manage, I time out.

But if I'm not logged in and I go to tivo.com, Sign In, I time out after I enter my UID and Password.

I just updated my "case" with all this info. Fingers-crossed someone can figure it out.

10. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Every so often they revert the names of one or two of my old Premiere's. There is a thread about that here somewhere on TCF. This happened again to me either Saturday or Sunday. Wonder if it is some how related to your issue? I bought one of the Premiere's from a fellow TCF a few years ago and it reverted back to what he called it when it was his. It is still listed in my devices and I just renamed it. Probably stick for a few months before rolling back again for whatever reason.

11. Steve

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Good thought. I'll wait to see what they say. I included a link to this thread as part of my case file. :praying: