Optimum/Cablevision compatibility problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bridget21592, Feb 2, 2016.

1. bridget21592

bridget21592 New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Sorry this is a bit lengthy!

We have recently switched from Verizon Fios to Optimum/Cablevision for a better internet connection (made the switch friday, only 4 days ago). I have a series 3 HD Tivo box in my room and I have been having issues.

At first, I was only receiving "analog channels," (channels 2-22). A grey screen appeared and a message saying to call Optimum phone number to activate channels, I called, they said it's an issue on Tivo's end, everytime it updates, I will have to call to get my channels back. The gentleman over the phone only managed to restore about 10 more channels, so I had channels 2-32. Said it was an issue on the technician who did the install.

On friday and saturday I had no issues, Sunday is when I started getting that error message. We scheduled a tech to come, but we'd be charged if it was Tivo's fault. I decided to turn it completely off, unplug it, and plug it back in. The error message popped up as it loaded back up, but then I had all of my channels back to normal.

Now it is Tuesday, I have season passes for shows that run during the day (NCIS, Law & Order, etc.), I go to watch, and it's just a grey screen, 0 minutes were recorded. I go to watch live TV on one of the channels in the 30's, grey screen, no error message, just grey.

Again, I restarted my Tivo box by unplugging and plugging it back in, and again, channels are back to normal. Has anyone had these problems or similar with Cablevision/Optimum? We're still in somewhat of a trial phase, we still have Verizon Fios router and cards, so we can still potentially switch back.

Thanks so much!

2. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    Does your area use a tuning adapter ?

3. bridget21592

bridget21592 New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I do not know if my area uses a tuning adapter. I'm in central NJ. Optimum/Cablevision do have them (adapters), but they didn't bring or mention one when I called for customer service, so I'm guessing not.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    You may be right based on this thread...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=508038

5. bridget21592

bridget21592 New Member

Feb 2, 2016
    So do you have idea on what I can do? I don't understand half of that thread. I have just been taking power cord out, plugging it back in- once Tivo loads back up, I have no issue. Last night, unplugging/plugging power did not help. I only have access to 22 channels. I never had any problems when we used Verizon- now I have issues consistently. They said it could be because my Tivo box is an older model, it's not like it is the first tivo box ever invented, and it is for high definition (implying it's not an old school version).

This is getting frustrating. Cablevision keeps saying it is Tivo, but Tivo is saying it is cablevision. No one is offering any do-able solution and I'm sitting here with no access to about 90% of the channels I pay for.