opening animation Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by chuckdiegoo, Jan 23, 2008.

1. chuckdiegoo

chuckdiegoo New Member

Feb 27, 2005

Advertisements

I currently own the Series 3 Tivo. I recently read that Tivo introduced a new opening animimation in HD for the Series HD Tivo box. Does anyone know how I can get this new opening HD animiation on my Series 3 box? When I go to few my boxes opening animiation its still the standarad, boring short Serieis 3 opening.

2. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    You're probably thinking of the animation included on the TiVo HD boxes. The Series3's animation has not been updated.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The shorter the better as far as I'm concerned - I'm glad I discovered hitting the "Tivo" button skips the intro completely.

4. KraziJoe

KraziJoe What? Me Worry?

Nov 30, 2007
    Maine
    I like Beagles...

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

The opening animation, TMK, cannot be replaced with the software upgrade. The one always get is the one it came with.

6. chuckdiegoo

chuckdiegoo New Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Krellion you are correct, I am looking to have the Tivo HD box animation on my Series 3 :)

7. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...

Actually hitting any button once the animation starts will skip it entirely. The only time I watch it is when my 3 year old runs in the room and says "I wanna watch the Tivo Man!!". She just loves that thing.

8. flc

flc New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Huntersville...
    Cant be done... You're not missing much anyways

9. bizzy

bizzy New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    San...
    The OP must be saving a lot on cable fees by just watching the opening animation.

10. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    Somewhere, someone posted about rebooting the TiVo HD so that his child could enjoy the animation. That's too painful! Just hit TiVo-0 whenever the urge strikes. :up: