Ooooh! I'm so excited. Verizon install scheduled, and TiVo on its way!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by blhirsch, Sep 8, 2007.

1. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    I'm as giddy as a little girl.

I have my Verizon TV install scheduled for Wednesday (we already have FIOS for internet and home phone) and my Tivo is on its merry way via UPS. The installer SHOULD be bringing M-cards. The CSR at Verizon said they had them now, and he'd bring them. I had her put in the notes to bring 4 in case any of them don't work.

I have a new Samsung 37" LCD to enjoy the new broadcasts, to be replaced next week by a 50" Samsung DLP for the rest of the winter. (I haven't yet picked a TV--these are two TVs in my parents' vacation home. After Labor Day, we don't go down there very often, so I'm giving these a temporary home while I select the TV I want to buy.) After the holiday price drops, I'm going to pull the trigger on a 50" flat panel. I just don't know which one yet. If only I can use my new $100 credit from Apple on that iPhone I bought in June towards my tv! :)

I'm dreading the call to DirecTV to cancel my service, because the honest truth is that their customer service has been stellar. The problem is that they just don't offer the product I need, and I've hit an insurrmountable road block.

But I can't wait to finally get on the HD bandwagon. This move has been a few years in the making.

[little girl]*Squeal!!!!!!*[/little girl]

2. tlphipps

tlphipps Member

Jul 3, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Good luck with your new toys! I'm debating the same switch myself. If they do indeed provide an M-card, please report back (along with where in the US you are).

Also, if the M-card does show up, and work in your TivoHD, will Verizon only levy a $3 charge per month since there's only one physical CC?