Only seeing blue progress bar for some shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Wellfooled, Nov 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nov 7, 2016 #1 of 10
    Wellfooled

Wellfooled New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Just finished watching a recorded show on my Tivo T6, went to the folder that has the series in it and realized none of the shows I've watched show the blue progress bar. But another folder with recorded shows has the progress bar, showing all of the shows watched. Is there some sort of toggle for the blue progress bar that I'm missing?

2. Nov 7, 2016 #2 of 10
    sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    The bar only shows progress if you have not made it all the way to the end.

It's not literally "all the way" - I believe the behavior (whether to clear the progress bar or not) is probably tied to whether you were close enough to the end of the recording to be asked to "delete or keep" the recording.

3. Nov 7, 2016 #3 of 10
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    TiVo's viewing history capability is little more than alpha test quality, in my opinion. It's semi-useful for those who live alone, but a mess for anyone sharing a TiVo Whole Home setup with multiple viewers.

kuyper likes this.
  4. Nov 7, 2016 #4 of 10
    sar840t2

sar840t2 Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Edmonds,...
    That too :)

kuyper likes this.
  5. Nov 7, 2016 #5 of 10
    UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    It all depends on what you did when you say you "finished" the program. If you hit keep this recording, it will appear as virgin, not watched, no progress bar. If you managed to leave the recording without deleting it or hitting the keep this recording, the progress bar will be there.

6. Wellfooled

Wellfooled New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you very much for the responses. Must say I would have expected the progress bar to show progress, regardless of whether I'd decided to keep the show or not, or how far I'd gotten when I decided to watch something else, turn off the set, etc. Alpha test seems a bit generous.

I'll check to see if I understand about leaving the recording without deleting or keeping, perhaps I can change my behavior to use it as I would expect it to work.

7. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    If I watch the whole show, I get a full progress bar, regardless of how I leave the show.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  8. Wellfooled

Wellfooled New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Not my experience. At all.

9. Apr 1, 2017 #9 of 10
    ttwiv

ttwiv Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Denver
    Resolved for my Bolt+: The progress bar should show up even when watching through to the end and answering "Yes" to keep this show. At least when it works, it does for my Bolt+. But recently I've had the same issue as the poster of this thread describes. For now it seems to be resolved by power cycling -- unplug TiVo for 15 seconds, then plug back in. Here is a more detailed account:

Called TiVo support. The first level off-shore support wasn't aware of the blue progress bar within folder listing functionality, but she called 2nd level support (with me on hold) and described the issue and came back and reported they hadn't seen this reported in the past -- so apparently a rare issue. She had me reboot the Tivo by unplugging (which may be a more thorough reboot then restarting via the menu), and surprisingly the problem seems to have been resolved. I'll report back on developments if the problem recurs.

10. kuyper

kuyper New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    If you call TiVo Customer (dis)service, they'll deny the problem, then tell you to wait 24 hours for a s/w push that never happens, and then, when you dutifull call back 24 hours later, they'll ask you to check your #$%^ing signal strength (real story) before fobbing you off with "sometimes a s/w push takes 24-48 hours" in order to buy more time. Can you tell I'm a tad testy, and have just gone through this experience? TiVo Advocates, are you listening? Look up my account for the transcripts....