Online transfer from Roamio to BOlt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mdartic, Apr 19, 2017.

1. mdartic

mdartic New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Philly

Advertisements

Hello all,

Got a new Bolt to move on from my Roamio. Both are on the same network and activated, can see each other, and I can transfer shows from the Roamio to the Bolt manaully.

My problem is the online transfer tool, while it lists both, doesn't seem to actually transfer anything. After I select my programs it says to check the to-do list but there are no transfers there. I can transfer the one program that I manually transferred back from the Bolt to the Roamio, though. Suggestions?

2. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    I plan to use this tool for the first time when I get my new bolts also.hopsfully it works.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just tried to transfer, using TiVo Online, a program from one Roamio to another Roamio on my network. The transfer did not work in either direction. Both units can transfer manually and have made a service connection today.

Mikeguy likes this.
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks for the report, although not good to hear. Manual could be the way to go . . . .

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Just tested and transfer seems to be working again. I did no connections, restarts, or sacrifice any animals.

iReyes likes this.
  6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah, that's what people always say. ;)

7. gthassell

gthassell Active Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Willowbrook, IL
    I'm now experiencing the same thing. Really frustrating.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just transferred a program from Roamio to Roamio.

9. gthassell

gthassell Active Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Willowbrook, IL
    Perhaps its because its a newly added bolt, but I've forced a connection on both boxes and successfully MANUALLY transferred shows. When I attempt to use the Online transfer function, the website says it will be transferred, but when you check the TO DO list, nothing is there, and the show doesn't transfer.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm pretty sure these transfers are forced via the mysterious VCM Connection. You might check System Information and see if the dates and times are current.

There is a setting in Remote & Device Settings for "Network Remote Control". I don't know if it affects a Bolt and mine is set to "Do not allow".

11. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You'd want to turn that on if you want to issue commands from kmttg or use the mobile app remote control. Shouldn't impact transfers though.

Scott

JoeKustra likes this.
  12. iReyes

iReyes New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Hello. A related question to this as I have a new Bolt+ coming and want to make sure I can transfer my existing shows to the new device. I will keep an eye out for this when I try the Tivo Online transfer tool.

Is it advised to keep the cablecard in the old Tivo while the transfers are being made or should I do that first?

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The cable card has no effect on network transfers. I have an old Premiere without a cable card I use for storage.

TiVo Online transfers are easier than using the TiVo when many programs are involved. For just one or two, it takes longer to login.

I would suggest that you transfer one program first. Check the speed with Network Diagnostics/File Transfer History. You can get an idea how long the process will take.

iReyes likes this.